What is Human Nutrition?
Human Nutrition concerns with essential nutrients in food required for the human body to hold up life and health.
It directly effects on biological development of a person. Taking enough nutrients daily (healthy diet) prevents and reduce diseases and health problems.
Whereas insufficient, excessive, or imbalanced intake of nutrients (poor diet/malnutrition) cause diseases and health problems.
Our body reflects what we eat, so next time when you choose your diet be careful.
What are Nutrients?
“A nutrient is a substance used by an organism to survive, grow, and reproduce.”
They provide nourishment and energy to the body, helps in growing and boost body functions.
Types of Nutrients
Two types of nutrients are:
Macronutrients, we get from the food we eat. They are the main nutrients our body need in a greater amount.
Accept fiber and water other micronutrients are the sources of energy for the human body.
List of macronutrients are:
Micronutrients are chemical substances or elements that are required in less quantity. They help in coordination with a range of physiological functions to maintain health.
In short, they support normal growth and development of human.
List of micronutrients are:
Good nutrition not only helps in managing a healthy weight but it can do more for us. It can help:
- Reduce the risk of diseases and health problems
- Maintain your blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Supports rapid growth in the body
- Helps to fight off illness
- Increase energy you need to keep active throughout the day
- Optimize the digestive system
- Bears healthy weight management
- Optimize fertility
- Boost memory and concentration
- Helps to keep the immune system healthy