Anaerobic Exercises are strength-based activities. It is generally performed at high-intensity but for a shorter period of time.
Anaerobic means without oxygen as they are such high-intensity workouts during which the cardiovascular system fail to deliver oxygen to muscles in a required speed that’s why during these workouts our body uses glycogen as a fuel.
Continuity of anaerobic exercises for long duration causes fatigue and discomfort. But by taking part in anaerobic exercise routinely, the body will be capable of putting up with lactic acid more efficiently which increase strength and stamina.
Example of anaerobic exercises
Some examples exercises are;
- Jumping jacks
- Weight lifting
- Froggy jumps
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT)
Four rules to follow
For anaerobic exercises,
- You need to maintain an aerobic workout base first, moving from easy to hard is the general rule.
- Willpower is a precondition. These exercises need a physical and mental condition in the top form. Remember this is an intense and stressful workout.
- Six consecutive weeks are enough. After these six weeks of the intense workout without taking a break, a minimum of three weeks rest is required. You can continue with low-intensity workouts during these three weeks.
- Proper control of training is must, try not to outdo 10 percent of your total exercise time for the week.
- Start with exercises you can perform easily, going too hard can increase the risk of injuries.
- Do exercise two to three times a week, take a rest in between it helps in muscle recovery.
- After workout recovery is necessary, stretching, slow walk, a short nap, and good nutrition are some preferred options.
Regular Anaerobic routine can;
- Strengthens bones and increases the density
- Helps in maintaining weight
- Triggers fat loss
- Boosts energy level
- Reduces the risk of diabetes and heart disease.
- Boosts metabolism by building and maintaining lean muscle
- Increases power and lactic threshold
- Improve mood and fight from depression.
- Protects joints by building muscle strength and muscle mass.